What you need:
3 tbsp oil
1/4 onion, chopped
1 large chili pepper (I used the local large chili pepper ~4in, it’s a little spicy with a peppery sweetness, you can use regular green pepper), chopped
1 stalk green onion, chopped
2 tbsp bacon bits (you can eliminate this for a vegetarian option)
salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line bottom of muffin tin with oil (1 tsp/cup) and preheat the tin in the oven.
2. Sautee chopped onion and pepper until soft.
3. Take out preheated tin and divide the sauteed veggies in each cup (careful the oil might splatter).
4. Crack one egg in each cup, top with bacon bits and chopped green onions, some salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the whites are completely cooked (the yolk can be slightly jelly-like if you prefer).
How to serve:
Add one to your morning sandwich, in your lunch wrap, or top up your favourite brown rice and veggies dinner!
This is only a basic recipe so you can be creative with your baked eggs:
1. add chopped ham and cheddar cheese
2. add Italian herbs and chopped basil
3. add prosciutto, spinach, and romano cheese for an egg Florentine